The window period for accepting applications for Summit County CARES Rental and Mortgage Assistance will be reopened; Monday, September 21, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. through Monday, September 28, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Summit County CARES is an assistance program designed to help keep Summit County families and residents housed in the wake of the historic economic recession caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Summit County CARES program is administered through a partnership of local government and community organizations.
Summit County CARES provides assistance for rent, mortgage and/or utilities.
- Rent OR Mortgage assistance cannot exceed $1,250 a month
- All unpaid balances will be verified and documented prior to payments being made
- Cooperation from applicants and landlords is required
- Resident of Summit County;
- Member of a household that was financially impacted by COVID-19;
- Unpaid rent, mortgage* or utility balance; AND
- Gross income at or under 300% of the Federal Poverty Guideline limit
*Additional mortgage assistance criteria
- Mortgage assistance is available only for your primary residence.
- Prior to applying for assistance, you should speak to your mortgage lender about the options available to you. Your mortgage lender may allow you to pause payments for a limited time through mortgage forbearance. After the forbearance period is over, many lenders will work with you to offer a loan modification, payment deferral, or repayment plan that will work for your budget. If your lender offers a reasonable option to get you back on track, you will not be eligible for financial assistance through Summit County CARES. However, if your lender requires a lump sum repayment at the end of the forbearance period or a repayment plan that does not work for your budget, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
- Our partners at the Financial Empowerment Center will work with you to understand your options. Prior to being granted financial assistance, all mortgage assistance applicants are required to participate in at least one appointment with a financial coach to evaluate the options available to you through their mortgage lender. These sessions are conducted via phone and will be scheduled if you meet initial program eligibility requirements.
- If you have any questions about the mortgage assistance process, you can call the Financial Empowerment Center at 330.685.9430 or e-mail email@example.com.
||Gross Monthly Income
||Gross Annual Income